[LRUG] Ruby random cool word generator

Geir Freysson geir.freysson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 03:24:42 PST 2008

Hello everyone.

I've got a web app that assigns screen names to people automatically
and I'd like the screen names to be nicer than "user1", "user2" etc.

One thing that crossed my mind was to take the dictionary on my Linux
box and randomly choose words from that. This however, would have the
regrettable side effect of people getting screen names they might
object to!

Anyone have any ideas for a solution? Are there any free collections
of cool words out there? A ruby random cool word generator? A
dictionary minus the sh**?

Cheers,
Geir.

ps
Now that I think of it, this isn't really a totally Ruby specific
question, is it? Apologies :)

--
http://www.geirfreysson.com