[LRUG] Code samples: To do or not to do

Vahagn Hayrapetyan vahagnh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 16:41:49 PDT 2009

Matthew:

Absolutely, I agree that one of the best ways a programmer can demonstrate
his ability is to have open-source contributions. Having working, cool /
alternative webapps online is another option (which I have personally
favoured so far).

To set things straight, I should perhaps have noted that my post mainly is
about the situation where our theoretical programmer has not yet contributed
with any public code - either because he has chosen to prioritize otherwise
or because he is still new to a language / ecosystem (Ruby obviously in
question here).

Cheers,
Vahagn