[LRUG] Code samples: To do or not to do

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:19:13 PDT 2009

2009/4/7 Anthony Green <Anthony.Green at bbc.co.uk>:

> I'd be interested if you think set salaries set at skill acquisition level
> rather than term of employment or other measure is workable.

I find this the most frustrating thing about applying for jobs;

"How do I express how good I am, and the extra value I can bring in
terms of mentoring and higher level design, in an interview?"

It's annoying.
Ultimately you can't express some of these things until you've worked
with your team for a few months, at which point an employer is not
going to give you a pay rise.
"Yes, we underestimated your skill, we'' re-evaluate it in your
appraisal in six months."

But, appraisals never happen.
So I always leave my jobs after a year.