[LRUG] Code samples: To do or not to do

Eleanor McHugh eleanor at games-with-brains.com
Tue Apr 7 08:52:27 PDT 2009

On 7 Apr 2009, at 16:44, Anthony Green wrote:
>> I don't agree. Sure it can happen on the odd occasion, you can't
>> expect to love every job you start.
>
> Why not ?
> We spend somewhere between a 1/4 and  1/3rd of our lives at work.
> If you don't love you're job you're not going to give it your best
> work.

Agreed. Many of us work to live, not the other way around, and it just
so happens that if you're a natural born coder writing software is by
far the easiest way to earn a living.

When I'm not working - like at present - I probably spend more time
coding than when I am just because I don't have three wasted hours of
commuting on over-crowded public transport to contend with :)

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-brains.net