[LRUG] [OT:Apache] Mapping multiple domains to different controllers?

Johnathan Loggie me at johnno.com
Tue Apr 14 05:13:37 PDT 2009

OK, this time I tested everything, and on my machine this will work by
proxying from one site to the other, except for the index.html if present.

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName somethingelse.local
 DocumentRoot /home/matthew/myapp/public/other_domain

 RewriteEngine On

 # If there is an index.html use it in the usual way (no rewrite and stop)
 RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/index.html -f
 RewriteRule ^/$ - [L]
 RewriteRule ^/index.html - [L]

 # Proxy assets to root of other site
 RewriteRule ^/stylesheets(.*)$ http://mydomain.local/stylesheets$1 [P]
 RewriteRule ^/javascripts(.*)$ http://mydomain.local/javascripts$1 [P]

 # Proxy everything else to subdir of other site
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mydomain.local/myapp$1 [P]

</VirtualHost>