[LRUG] [JOB] Junior Rails developer Soho

David Nolan dave at textgoeshere.org.uk
Tue Apr 28 03:09:08 PDT 2009

Morning,

I'm a long-time LRUG lurker and there's an opening at one of my valued
customers:

What:
Permanent junior developer; Rails essential, JavaScript very desirable

Where:
Onsite at their light and airy offices in Soho

When:
ASAP

How long:
Permanent

How much:
Don't know exactly, but not ungenerous basic plus uncapped bonus scheme

Who:
High-profile Turf Accountants. I must confess, with some trepidation given
recent threads on this list, I'm not allowed to tell more than that. It's a
small world and they have existing relationships that they do not want to
jeopardize.

What it's not:
(a) Hash-bloomin-rocket.
(b) Mac-loving. We're deploying on Windows (sic)
(c) An easy ride. You and I will have to work hard to establish good
practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile)

How:
You'd be the first inhouse developer. You'd work with me (Lead Dev, remote)
and Head of Operations. Our team will grow to include at least on other
freelancer this year.

Projects:
I think you'd get an unusually broad range of experience - frontend,
backend, internal apps, external websites, integration with legacy/3rd-party
apps., IPTV - a lot of it has a direct impact on the bottom line. They are
not scared to innovate.

Prospects:
They're expanding overseas and into new markets. They're young but
established. I think there's good chance of advancement.

Apply!
- Send a CV to finddeveloper at googlemail.com (I know, I know)
- Or drop me line if you have any questions or want to chat about what the
job

Cheers,
Dave
--