[LRUG] Code samples: To do or not to do

James Andrews me at jamesandre.ws
Tue Apr 7 08:42:41 PDT 2009

On 7 Apr 2009, at 17:30, Anthony Green wrote:

>> Wouldn't that reflect badly on your CV?
>
> Actually I think it reflects badly on the employer(s).
>
> If they couldn't keep you they did something wrong.

I think that depends - it may be that you did something wrong. I think
the responsibility for a successful match between employer/employee
lies on both sides.

A CV with lots of short stints is likely to point to a person a)
finding it difficult to get on with the teams at a succession of
companies, b) being easily bored or lacking commitment to the job or
c) simply unlucky.

Of course there are always bad employers, as there are bad employees.
Sometimes it's just a cultural mismatch. I don't see it looking bad if
there are some short stints, as long as there are at least one or two
long ones, depending on the length of your career of course! :)