[LRUG] Important to be a graduate? (was Re: Code samples: To do or not to do)

Matt Kydd mk at storefu.com
Wed Apr 8 03:33:06 PDT 2009

It's important to have a degree - although I don't believe it's very
relevant where you got it - or what subject (although a top uni is
always a plus).

Having a degree may not be critical to getting your first job (for
instance a Rails shop may give more merit to OSS contributions)
however as you go forward in your career not having a degree is a
gaping hole in your CV - plus you're insane to miss 3 years of late
mornings and cheap beer.

MK