[LRUG] [JOB] Rails Developers Wanted

Andy rails_nut at hotpop.com
Thu Apr 16 12:06:49 PDT 2009

Personal or Company ?

Personal Blog: http://www.onesandthrees.com/

Personal GitHub: Nothing public right now, I have something in the
pipeline for a few weeks away.

Personal Rubyforge: Nothing, and nothing planned.

Company blog: (jobseeker focus) http://blog.jobsgopublic.com/

Company blog: (job advertiser focus) http://messageboard.jgp.co.uk/

Company corporate site: http://www.jgp.co.uk/

There is nothing public on the corporate github account, and there is no
coporate rubyforge account.

Tell me if there's anything I've missed. Bear in mind while looking at
the corporate stuff, only 12% of the company is involved in ruby, rails,
open source,  etc (assuming dev team at full strength) so you may not
find the things that are going to interest you. Scrum/agile involves
most of the company of course, and that's evidenced by the many informal
'scrum boards' dotted throughout the office. (which is a very nice open
office, BTW, in a converted warehouse that used to be the home of
'Dragons Den'.)

Andy
*

Anthony Green* wrote:
<mailto:chat%40lists.lrug.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BLRUG%5D%20%5BJOB%5D%20Rails%20Developers%20Wanted&In-Reply-To=%3CC60CE482.502C%25Anthony.Green%40bbc.co.uk%3E>

And your blog / github /rubyforge projects ....are where ?

As previous threads have indicated employers in the Ruby sector are being
scrutinized far more that in other areas.

I look to Hashrocket as the yard stick. The persona they reveal through
their blogs, videos, conference presentations gives me a very real sense of
what it would be like to work there.