[LRUG] Profiling tools on OS X

Pat Allan pat at freelancing-gods.com
Thu Aug 13 10:48:15 PDT 2009

I was able to compile valgrind using their latest code without any
problems. I don't use macports though, and generally install such
libraries by hand, so I may have dependencies covered that a default
OS X install doesn't.

I've not used it though, because it seems to be just for logging, not
generating pretty output (ala kcachegrind) - so it's roughly the same
as ruby-prof.

--
Pat