[LRUG] April and May meetings - schedule problems :(

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:54:06 PST 2009

Hey all,

Skills Matter, our kind hosts, have pointed out a couple of problems with
our schedule for the April and May meetings.

The scheduled date for the April meeting is the 13th which is a public
holiday so we should probably move it as many folk will no doubt take
advantage of the free day off and be on holiday.  Skills Matter have a
preference for shifting it a week into the future and having it on the 20th
instead, but we might be able to just have it on the Tuesday (14th) instead.

Also, Skills Matter are hosting a bunch of conferences in May which means
they're a bit manic the week that our May meeting is scheduled (11th May).
They've suggested that we either a) move it to the following week (18th) or
b) move it to the Friday afternoon (15th) and merge it in with the Rails
Exchange as a free part of that conference.

I'm all for just shifting both meetings forward one week (I think a Friday
afternoon LRUG might be a bit restrictive for folk with jobs), but I'm open
to other suggestions.  Bearing in mind that other suggestions might need us
to find a different venue, which is cool, but I might need some help with
that.

Muz