[LRUG] Ruby Contracting

Anthony Green email at acgreen.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 00:06:39 PST 2009

On 18 Feb 2009, at 21:48, Romek wrote:
> And sadly python is currently more fashionable as there is more
> structure there

>From a 5 min scan of the jobs site that does appear the case. I had the
impression that Django had become ubiquitous in publishing houses, but looks
like Python is being used for a lot more than Ruby, where the jobs seem to
be almost entirely Rails.

On 19/02/2009 01:45, "Eleanor McHugh" <eleanor at games-with-brains.com> wrote:

> I'm reconciled to the fact we won't be winning either of these battles
> anytime soon ;)

+1

> The [T|B]DD fad has to run its course. Perhaps when more developers
> find themselves working with the exacting non-functional requirements

You think so ? I just boarded that train and I don't think it's going to be
reaching maturity quite yet.
To me [T|B]DD is a part of a journey that began with the 'Failure of the
Software Industry' in the 60s, that has passed through 'The Mythical
Man-Month', The Agile Manefesto, Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns and many
other interesting towns (some of which are worth revisiting).
I would say its not a methodology you can or would want to employ
everywhere.

Tony