[LRUG] Chat Digest, Vol 36, Issue 11 (Beware of the Nuby)

Pat Allan pat at freelancing-gods.com
Wed Jan 21 02:46:29 PST 2009

Going to jump in here, even though I'm not a local.

One thing we did in Melbourne which was quite a success was to
dedicate one month's meeting as Ruby Nuby Night. We had a lot of short
talks on basics about Ruby and Rails (classes and modules, blocks,
routes, helpers, etc). If you think that's a good idea, feel free to
borrow it.

That said, more than half the value of going to Ruby meets for me is
meeting people, not the technical topics (although they can definitely
be interesting and useful). So don't hold back on going just because
Ruby isn't your primary language (yet) - and also head along to the
pub after and meet people properly.

Cheers

--
Pat