[LRUG] Chat Digest, Vol 36, Issue 11 (Beware of the Nuby)

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Fri Jan 23 12:25:38 PST 2009

On 21 Jan 2009, at 10:27, Murray Steele wrote:

> Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts on this?

How about a coding dojo?

We ran one at Songkick the other week[1] and it was terrific fun,
rotating pairs working at the projector in 10 minute iterations, with
everyone else heckling.

It's a great chance for newbies to see how experienced hackers think
about designing their ruby programs, and even get a chance to pair
with them. Experience people also get a lot out of discussing the
finer points of the design.

What do you think? I'd quite happily facilitate one at the March
meeting if people are up for it.

[1]http://blog.mattwynne.net/2009/01/07/minesweeper-dojo/

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net