[LRUG] [JOB AD] Claranet - We are hiring!

Christopher Cooke cc at chris-cooke.com
Mon Jun 15 09:21:47 PDT 2009

Hi,

We are currently hiring for a new developer to work on two very exciting
projects at Claranet. The first is a pan European multilingual ERP system
for selling shared hosting, dedicated servers, VPSs, domain names, SSL certs
etc... The second is an internal site used by the NOC which acts as an
extension to Nagios monitoring.

The ERP system has been in development for just over three years now and is
currently live in the UK, Spain, France and the Netherlands. The monitoring
system has been two years in development and live for just over a year and a
half.

A quick skills summary:
* 1 years experience in a commercial software environment
* OO design - crucial
* Knowledge of the Ruby language and Ruby on Rails framework would be
advantageous
* Familiarity with a test driven development and the writing of unit tests
* Experience in developing software which uses a lot of client / server
communication

Github account? Stackoverflow account?  If you have any example code
available to the public or any online presence where you can demonstrate
your skills this would be brilliant.

Our offices are right in Holborn (http://www.uk.clara.net/about/contact-us),
which is easy to get to and there are a ton of great places to eat and go
out for drinks.

If this sounds like your bag then get in contact via email
christopher.cooke at uk.clara.net and I can send you the full job spec.

Recruitment agents you need not apply as we can not consider CVs via agents
for this role.

Christopher Cooke
Software Development Manager
Claranet Limited
21 Southampton Row
London, WC1B 5HA

Tel:      +44 (0) 20 7685 8233
Email:    christopher.cooke at uk.clara.net
Web:      www.clara.net

All the information contained within this electronic message from
Claranet Ltd is covered by the disclaimer at
http://www.uk.clara.net/disclaimer