[LRUG] [WORK EXPERIENCE AD] Make public services better!

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Thu Mar 5 01:12:43 PST 2009

We had young Alex MacCaw 'intern' at Aegis for a week or so, and then
again as a paid slave/junior for a few months at Reevoo. Once we beat
some of the precociousness out of him, I think everyone found it a
useful experience. The boy still wont write tests though

I couldn't comment on his actual salary, but I don't think it was a
pittance.

Seems like industries can perpetuate the 'unpaid work experience'
where the demand for jobs is much higher than availability. I'm not
sure that's the general case in ours, so I'd be surprised if the
practice took off.

James