[LRUG] UsefulVisitors needs a developer

Femi Longe femilonge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:33:50 PDT 2009

Hey All,

We are looking for a developer to work with us on a very interesting social
start-up called UsefulVisitors (Demo site at www.uvisitor.org). It is a web
service that matches international travellers with opportunities to
volunteer in the places they are travelling to. The project has gotten a lot
of props so far including coming 2nd at Social Innovation Camp (
www.sicamp.org) in December '08

We hope to launch the alpha site at the end of April and already have more
than a thousand people waiting to sign up.

In terms of skill sets we need someone who knows the standard webapp: ruby,
rails and HTML/CSS. You should also have some experience administering
MySQL. Knowledge of Flash is definite bonuses.

We're a very small start-up but with high growth potential and and need
someone who is prepared to dive in to help out.

If you're interested, please send a reply straight to me with your
background and we can meet for a chat when you're available.

Thanks,

Femi

'Femi Longe,

Email:   femilonge at gmail.com
Mobile: +447707318449
           http://africaplusplus.blogspot.com/

"Until the lions have their historians, tales of hunting will always glorify
the hunter."