[LRUG] form_remote_tag crossed with ip editor

Simon Sebright simonsebright at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:25:40 PST 2009

Hi,

I have a number of instances where the user can enter one piece of text and submit, which I currently handle with form_remote_tag.  However, the form is visible and takes up too much space.  I then moved to an in_place_editor solution, which used an rjs template.  As I inadvertently overwrote the html element which fired the inplace editor, I thought it was working as planned.

Then I added another case where the rjs calls did not update the element with the ip editor, and the text got substituted with the whole guff of the rjs response.

The question is, how should I best combine these, or do something of my own?  Or does anyone have any good links to point me at which describe how this stuff is all working?

Thanks in advance,
Simon