[LRUG] Rails in the wonderful, wonderful Cloud

Paul Bowsher paul.bowsher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:10:48 PDT 2009

The issue with colo in the UK (especially East London) is power. That's why
VPSes are on the up - far denser on power. My former company ran a ton of
games servers, it suddenly became unprofitable overnight once our carrier
hotel put the power prices up. Even Heathrow/Maidenhead etc is going up. The
north will be the new Docklands soon, but that won't last long either.
Paul Bowsher