[LRUG] The October meeting, what to do?

Tom Stuart tom at experthuman.com
Fri Sep 18 06:20:53 PDT 2009

On 18 Sep 2009, at 13:51, Murray Steele wrote:
> So, any other takers?

During the dojo I was surprised by how many people (both Ruby newbies
and "Rails not Ruby" programmers) were asking questions about
Enumerable, e.g. what map/inject/zip etc do. I'd be happy to give a
quick talk about this, ideally as the thin end of a larger wedge-
shaped rant about programming in a functional style, if the demand is
there.

But I'll only actually suggest doing so if nobody else has anything
they want to talk about, given that a) it may only be relevant/
interesting to a minority of LRUG attendees and b) I already had my
turn at talking in July.

Cheers,
-Tom