[LRUG] Base class for model

Simon Sebright simonsebright at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 08:17:16 PDT 2009

Hi

I was attempting to do a bit of refactoring.  I had one model class, in which I had defined a few operations. Then along came a second one, where I wanted the same operations, so I started to create a common base class for them, which naturally inherits from ActiveRecord::Base

Now, I get all sorts of errors, and it looks like rails is taking the base class name and assuming it'll find a table relating to it, which in my case it won't.

Is this somehow supported, or should I be using a module/mixin instead?

Thanks,
Simon