[LRUG] How do you monitor your web site?

Andrew McDonough andrew at andrewmcdonough.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 05:12:23 PDT 2010

As well as Nagios and Monit, if you're looking for something to alert
you when you get errors on your site ("Sorry something went wrong"),
Hoptoad is very useful.  The Egg plan (free) is sufficient for my
personal requirements:

https://hoptoadapp.com/account/new/Egg

I have configured this to email exceptions to a special dedicated
email address, which I don't give to anyone:

<something_unguessable>@andrewmcdonough.com

This is a google apps address, so I use an iPhone app called GPush to
point at this address and send me a push notification when there's
email to it, so that I know about exceptions immediately.

Cheers,

Andrew