[LRUG] Tesco is in the market for talent

jds jds340 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 07:14:35 PDT 2010

All on the LRUG mailing list

I've been contracting at Tesco for a few months working to develop
an RoR app for an intraweb hosted analysis package with a Teradata backend.
The results are very promising and we're now looking for talented RoR
developers to help during the roll-out phase as the project goes live for
all Tesco's UK stores.

You'll be working at their head office in Cheshunt embedded in a team of
about 20 maths/physics/computer science grads on various mathematical models
for optimizing the supply chain to cut waste and improve availability. This
is not cool web 2.0 stuff, it's tedious, practical coding using Ruby to
manage data in a very large data warehouse to do valuable heavy lifting.
We're breaking new ground pushing Ruby into an enterprise setting and
getting good results and now we're looking to take on more RoR people.
Initially it'll be for a 3 month contract (market rates). As well as Ruby
skills you'll need to be very comfortable with complex SQL.  Anyone
interested in detailed a job spec please email me.

Also if there's anyone out there with good maths skills (i.e.  2.1 and
better in maths/physics/computer science) who fancies a permie job as a
business analyst, please email me and I'll send the job spec for those
positions as well. Tesco wants you!

Cheers

John Small