[LRUG] Claranet at looking for a full time RoR developer

Jon Wood jon at blankpad.net
Thu Sep 23 07:32:01 PDT 2010

On 23 September 2010 14:36, Anthony Green <Anthony.Green at bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23/09/2010 14:17, "Christopher Cooke" <cc at chris-cooke.com> wrote:
>
>> Holy smoke. Just to clear this up; it is very much a nice to have and isn't
>> actually a requirement for the role.
>
> The thread hasn't 'really' been about the ability to produce a CS degree.
>
> I feel its more about the growing homogenization of what a ruby developer is
> into some Huxleyesque 'resource'. Something I hoped I'd left behind in the
> PHP world.

That approach is still going strong - one of the many reasons I broke
out of full time employment and into the freelance world. At least
this way I'm my own resource ;)

It's a lot more about corporate culture though. Having worked there, I
can safely say it's not an issue you're likely to butt up against at
Clara, even if HR can be a little over zealous when writing job
descriptions.

Jon