[LRUG] Ruby developers needed (in the event that the last email was unnecessarily htmlized and got scrubbed!)

Andy Mendelsohn andy.mendelsohn at fundingcircle.com
Mon Jul 11 09:23:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Like many others out there, we are also on the look out for Ruby
developers.
Start: ASAP
Role: perm not contract. Salary dependent on experience, but will be
competitive with stock options.

The role requires a good all-rounder, someone who is willing to 'muck in'
when needed and take responsibility for processes and tools when required,
and someone who is keen to learn and apply new skills and techniques.

You will have knowledge of, and be at ease working with, Linux/Unix
operating systems. You should be comfortable using the command line and
command line tools (for deployment, etc.) as well as being not being
scared of using unix text editors (like vi/emacs). Knowledge and
experience with more than one language a distinct advantage
(python/ruby/perl/javascript/erlang).

On top of a passion for technology and a good working knowledge of Ruby
and Rails
Knowledge and experience with:
Version Control (Git) ­ Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum) ­
Testing (Cucumber/Rspec) - Databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) - 24x7 environment
­ Deployment (puppet/capistrano) ­ CI (Hudson/CC/Jenkins)

We're looking for people who are:
- Enthusiastic and passionate about technology development with a ³can do²
attitude
- Have a passion for writing creating and pristine code
- Have Keen problem solving skills, and thinking outside the box to get to
solutions
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Extremely organised and efficient both in planning and execution
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
- Good Team Player

About us:

We are an online social lending platform where people lend small amounts
to lots of different credit worthy businesses to spread their risk and
businesses borrow from lots of different people to get a better interest
rate. And because this cuts out the banks everyone gets a better deal.

We recently secured financing from Index Ventures are expanding
aggressively. Index Ventures isa leading Venture Capital firm having
backed a number of the most successful European start-ups including
Betfair, Skype, MySQL, Lovefilm and Playfish.

Techcrunch and The Telegraph recently named Funding Circle as one of the
top 100 start-ups in Europe.

This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for working
with a nascent technology system in its early stages that has the
potential to underpin one of the most disruptive innovations in financial
services ever.

If you want to chat to me personally, I will be at tonight's LRUG meeting.
Red tee-shirt, goatee and moustache and relatively bald (what, there's
more than one developer who looks like me?)

Cheers
Andy Mendelsohn

CTO

m: 07920516882
f:   02033185806
e:  and <mailto:andrew at fundingcircle.com>y.mendelsohn at fundingcircle.com
a:  81 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2EU

www.fundingcircle.com <http://www.fundingcircle.com/>

Funding Circle Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 06968588. Registered Office: 81 Oxford Street, London,
W1D 2EU