[LRUG] Anyone up for a tweaked and vectorised logo?

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:45:44 PDT 2011

hi all,

Not to re-open the great logo debate of 2008, but a kind soul (Syed-Amani
Hussain, @amani on twitter) has offered up a vectorised version of El Rug.

See them here: http://assets.lrug.org/images/logos/amani/el-rug.png &
http://assets.lrug.org/images/logos/amani/el-rug.svg

I prefer the existing one, because it's got a bit of colour and it's
well-trendy to have crappy low-res things nowadays.  It's retro and hipster,
innit?*

However, if enough people feel strongly enough, I'm happy to change over to
use Amani's version.

Muz

* Despite being a ridiculous position, I do actually like the current one
more than the vector for roughly these reasons.  I could also argue that the
slightly crappy low-res logo helps add a veneer of unprofessionalism to
proceedings, which I like.