[LRUG] JRubyConf 2011 discount code for LRUG members

Daniel Lucraft dan.lucraft at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:34:28 PDT 2011

Hi all,

just got the word to distribute the discount code for JRubyConf to LRUG members. As they say below, please do not tweet or blog the code, this is supposed to be for supporting Ruby user groups.

Now on with the official message...

EdgeCase is extremely excited to announce JRubyConf 2011 to be held in Washington DC August 3 and 4th. This year's conference is going to feature speakers such as Dan Lucraft, the creator of Redcar, Neal Ford author and Architect at ThoughtWorks, Ian Dees co-author of Using JRuby and many others yet to be announced. Keynotes will be announced in the coming weeks as well.

The main conference will be two days and feature talks that range from JRuby in the wild, to large-scale data mining, to introductory topics for those still getting familiar with the technology. We will feature slots for lightning talks this year and encourage you to come and show off something if you have it. There will be a formal social event on Wednesday night similar to the ever-popular events we have put on in the past (and featuring special guests from Scotland). Don't miss out.

Early bird tickets are $375 and $450 15 days before the show starts.

We love to encourage user group support. For that reason we have included a discount code for all user groups that knocks $50 off the registration price. Simply enter code 2011USERFANS, or navigate directly to http://jrubyconf2011.eventbrite.com/?discount=2011USERFANS. Because we are trying to support user groups directly, please do not tweet, or blog this code. If you would like to pass this email along to other user groups (no matter what technology), feel free.

We are working on some great options for those that can stay over Friday August 5th. We will have things for those local to the area but wanting more JRuby exposure as well as those who would like to take in the sights of DC. There might be a slight added cost, but those details will be determined over the next couple weeks.

All information can be found at http://jrubyconf.com

We look forward to seeing you in DC!

Cheers,
JRubyConf