[LRUG] Boutiika - recruitment post

Ruchika ruchika at boutiika.com
Wed Jun 15 14:05:50 PDT 2011

Boutiika is looking for a lead engineer in ruby. The bonus is you get to
work with a bus dev expert (founder 6 yrs corporate strategy) and a Ruby
coach - product designers are still involved and built the site from the
ground up; they have a stake in the business. Below is the job spec, let me
know if it is interesting for you.

Seeking a Lead Developer

Boutiika is  looking for a lead developer who loves creating web
applications from top to bottom. You'll play a key role in designing,
building and growing the base product.

Technology Skills Req'd:

- Ruby, Rails 3, PostgreSQL, HAML, SASS and Mercurial/Git are the tools you
will be using.

- HTML5, CSS3, JS, (JQuery, etc.)

- Familiarity with modern hosting environments, "cloud hosting". Currently,
the app is using Heroku (AWS) and Amazon S3.

- Good working experience with APIs and REST. (Google Maps, etc.)

As you can see, we are using cool, modern tools that make development a joy.
We are looking for a working professional who takes pride in their craft. We
like to try new things in an attempt to always get better.

You'll write the code. And you'll jointly design the system working with a
product lead, Founder, and the customer feedback. You may also have a
additional developer to work with and/or manage, depending on the need.

The core product is already live. There is a clear product roadmap for the
upcoming changes, which include product features and enhancements, as well
as optimizing and improving the underlying application. So, you'll have the
satisfaction of being able to contribute immediately, as you ramp up.

This team is based in San Francisco, Ca. We will consider remote
working/part time for the right candidate and equity share.  Contact
Ruchika at boutiika.com for more details with a copy of your resume.

Thanks,

Ruchika

@ruchikaku