[LRUG] Speakers wanted for Language of the Cloud event

Richard Mapes from at richardmapes.me.uk
Mon Jun 27 02:33:02 PDT 2011

Hi all,
  I'm organising a free event for the end of July discussing the pros and
cons of using various programming languages in both web application
development and distributed computing. I'm hoping to represent a number of
languages at the event and I'm particularly interested in finding someone to
represent Ruby.
The event should be a lot of fun, with drinks, pizza and rounding off the
evening with a light-hearted debate between the representatives of all the
languages.
If anyone is interested in fighting the corner for Ruby, or would like to
nominate someone to do so, please let me know. The ideal speaker should be
able to present both the pros and cons of Ruby, so no zealots please.

Anyone interested can contact me at richard at qubitdigital.com or
richard.mapes at googlemail.com