[LRUG] Junior Ruby Developer

Tom Inglis tominglis at feusd.com
Mon Jun 27 08:57:20 PDT 2011

We're looking to take on some more Ruby developers, and I hope you don't
mind me posting this vacancy here.

Role:

We require a junior Ruby developer for our Edinburgh-based web
consultancy. The role involves assisting in the full lifecycle agile and
behaviour driven development of sophisticated social website and mobile
applications.

Essential Skills:

* Ruby, Rails 3
* JavaScript
* SQL
* HTML 5, CSS 3
* Linux

Desired Skills:

* RSpec, Cucumber, Jasmine
* jQuery, CoffeeScript
* HAML, SCSS
* PostgreSQL
* Rhodes
* Git
* Ubuntu
* Amazon Web Services

Qualifications:

* Excellent computer science related degree or relevant experience
developing commercial web software.

* Strong interest in using SCRUM, pair programming, and unit /
integration testing methodologies.

* Perfectionist who produces elegant but efficient code, who enjoys
collaborating with peers.

Benefits:

* Learning to write commercial web software using the latest
technologies and methods.

* Solving interesting algorithmic problems related to relevance,
geolocation, metrics and extensibility.

* Being based at our stylish office with a fantastic view of central
Edinburgh.

* After an initial apprenticeship, commanding a competitive salary.

Application:

Please email admin at feusd.com with your CV and a sample of your work. If
we are interested, we will ask you some questions, invite you to
interview and set you a task using Ruby.

--
Tom Inglis

Director
Feusd Ltd

Telephone: +441312083707

Feusd Ltd is a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number
SC314546 and having its registered office at 8.05 Appleton Tower,
Edinburgh, EH8 9LE.