[LRUG] Surrey Rubyists Coding Competition - June 28th - Woking

Andy Pike andy.pike.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 07:19:26 PDT 2011

Just wanted to let you know that in June we will be doing something a little different. This month we will be holding our first SRUG coding competition!

Details are on the website (http://surreyrubyists.tumblr.com) but in a nutshell: we will be playing a well known turn based game. Your job in pairs or individuals is to implement an AI player of this game. You'll get about 2 hours to perfect your player then we will have a knockout contest where these players are pitted against each other in a battle to the death. The last player standing will be crowned SRUG champion.

If you're interested in taking part please register via the website.

We welcome both experts and newbies, I'm hoping that some experts will be generous enough to take a newbie under their wing ;o)

Please let me know what you think.

Regards

Andy

Sent from my iPad