[LRUG] Experienced RoR dev needed

Robert Redmond robert_redmond at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 02:06:00 PDT 2011

We are Addapps, an exciting taxi smart phone ordering start up and we
have successfully launched LDN Taxi App for the iPhone
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ldntaxiapp/id427543366?mt=8. We are utilising a
RoR back end which needs some extra work to bring it to the next level.

Ruby On Rails Server Upgrading Work

Make the push notification system more robust, we are using apn_sender to send
the push notifications, Reddis to store in memory which IPhones need to be sent
a APN and Resque to schedule the push notifications. This seems not to work 100%
reliable at the moment. It may be the server config or we may need a different
approach
The hosting company where we host the server currently is pricey, we would like
to move it to cheaper provider such as Amazon or other cloud based service. It
also may be that some of the problems are on the hosting company side
The email notifications and security (currently using oAuth We want the taxi
drivers to be authenticated as soon as we approve them  rather them receiving an
email and them clicking on a link after we have approved them.
We have a fairly primitive web front end to the system. We would like to have a
more user-friendly one. Features include the layout which needs to be iPad
compatible, ability to view user details as well as taxi driver’s details,
viewing orders, ability to email individuals and groups, deleting users and taxi
drivers and a reporting functionality.

We estimate this to be one week’s work for an experienced RoR developer.

If this is of interest, please contact robert_redmond at yahoo.com.