[LRUG] Ruby environment under Solaris

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:32:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am not the sys admin but a developer having my apps in a Solaris
environment without root privileges. Now we have a new server, but in the
previous one the admin install multiruby and I was able to update the gems
and even update Passenger and Mysql gem via sudo. In the new environment
there is not multiruby and not the same sys admin and I would like to be
able to manage my gems. To you have any suggestions. I know about rvm (I use
it in my Mac) but it has issues on Solaris since it uses GNU commands. Do
you have any simple solution, easy to configure that might work under
Solaris?

--
Riccardo Tacconi
Ruby on Rails and PHP development - System Administration

http://github.com/rtacconi
http://riccardotacconi.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/rtacconi
http://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardotacconi