[LRUG] Looking for a full time Rails developer

anu gupta anu at wearefuturegov.com
Tue Oct 18 03:44:43 PDT 2011

Hey everyone,

We're looking for a good Rails all-rounder to help us continue development
of Patchwork (http://patchworkhq.com) - a web application that seeks to
dramatically increase communication between (especially) social care and
public sector agencies involved in safeguarding - looking after the more
vulnerable members of our society (children and adults).

We, like everyone else, were appalled by the events surrounding the death of
Baby P, especially knowing that if the right people at the right agencies
had known about each other or had been able to communicate, this (and many
other tragedies) might have been preventable.

So, we've built an app to start helping with the complex issues of
inter-agency communication, trying to introduce simplicity and clarity and
believing that a delightful UX can make a material difference. We're
piloting with a large county council, and have firm interest from several
others. We recently received over £250k of funding to take into production.

Apologies for the pre-amble, I just wanted to set some context!

So, we're looking for a great (naturally!) Rails developer to lead the
development of Patchwork as we move it from pilot to production. Rather than
go on about it here, please take a look at the job description on our site:

http://patchworkhq.com/jobs/senior-rails-developer/

It's a 12 month contract (initially), with the usual promises about
extending as we get traction. If this sounds interesting, please get in
touch (anu AT wearefuturegov.com)

Cheers

Anu