[LRUG] Looking for a developer who recently moved to Australia

Paul Doerwald paul at liquidmedia.ca
Thu Oct 20 05:42:30 PDT 2011

 Hola El Rug,

I was contacted yesterday by someone in Seattle looking for some server transition/site maintenance work. He said their previous developer was in the UK and recently moved to Australia and left them without a developer. I'm sleuthing around to do a bit of a background check on the client (i.e. did they pay all their bills?), and since I'm on the LRUG list anyway I thought I'd ask if anyone knows (or is) the developer who recently made this move. Something seems just a bit fishy to me (servers left down by the developer on one host before bringing them up on another, code is on dropbox and not on Github), and as a matter of principle I won't take over where another developer didn't get paid.

So, does anyone know this story or developer? (If you have any particular dirt, it might be wise to reply off-list so that Googlebot doesn't get wind of it.)

Thanks,
Paul.

--
Paul Doerwald
Chancellor

Please note: As of October 1, 2011 our new address is 400-1668 Barrington St., Halifax NS, B3J 2A2.