[LRUG] Think Like (a) Git, a quasi-tutorial

Sam Livingston-Gray geeksam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:05:10 PDT 2011

Greetings, El Ruggers.  Long time lurker, occasional poster.

I hope you don't mind a little promotion; I'm trying to spread this
link through the Ruby community because (a) it's the one I know best,
and (b) so many of us got dragged along to Git after the Rails core
team switched from Subversion.

I've just launched a site to help people increase their Git fu.  My
hope is that this material will either:  (a) help you gain confidence
in using Git, or (b) give you a framework for teaching others and
helping them gain confidence.  (Huge props to @schwern, by the way;
his "Git for Ages 4 and Up" presentation was a great inspiration.)

Here's the link:  http://think-like-a-git.net/

I'd love feedback on how I can improve the site further.  Please feel
free to contact me via Twitter or Gmail (there are links to both in
the site's navigation bar).

Thanks,
-Sam