[LRUG] Looking to meet...

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:18:02 PDT 2011

… in which we discover that LRUG does not understand tongue-in-cheek humour.

Disclaimer: I've worked with Ben in the past, and I consider him a
friend. Knowing what I do of him, I'm sure he's not asking anyone to
work for free - but if you read it, his email isn't asking anyone to
work for free, either.

You probably won't get 50K, a company car, a gym membership, and a
pension working for a start-up, but it doesn't have to be slavery,
either: even below-market-rate salary for a programmer is way above
pot noodle destitution - even in London.

If you're the kind of person at a stage in life where you'd like to
work for a start-up, and you want to become a better programmer, you
could do a lot worse: you won't find a better mentor than Ben. It
worked for me!

Paul.