[LRUG] Looking to meet...

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Thu Sep 15 02:40:29 PDT 2011

On 15 Sep 2011, at 10:19, Paul Robinson <paul at 32moves.com> wrote:

> We are, but we all have bills to pay, and it's worth talking sometimes about what is normal in the community and what is abnormal. Do you really think it's fair there is a Rubyist right now being paid £100/week and being asked to live full-time with his boss, because his boss doesn't want to pay him too much in case it compromises his own vision of being insanely rich? It's happening, it's not right, and I'm going to point to it and call it bullshit.

If you want to discuss a specific case of exploitation, that's fine, but it's grossly unfair of you to hijack a thread without any reason to assume something similar is going on. Whatever situation you are pointing it, it's certainly not the one described in the first email in this thread.

There's no censorship here, but we do expect a certain amout of restraint and decorum in order for it to remain worthwhile. Can I suggest you employ a blog, rather than this list, as your soapbox.

- James