[LRUG] Ru3y Manor diversity

Jordi Noguera Leon jordinoguera83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 03:57:13 PDT 2011

> There's feedback loops operating: the more women drop out of the
> profession, the more male it becomes;  the more male the profession becomes,
> the less attractive is seems as a career for students choosing their
> courses.
>
> (Also, you don't  need a CS degree to become a good programmer.)

As I said I studied maths... But you don't need a degree at all to be a good
programmer either. Although most of the developers I've worked with do have
a degree, an most of them come from a technical background such as
CS, electronic engineering, maths, physics... And as far as I know there
aren't many women there.