[LRUG] UK companies accepting dollar payments

Tim Harding tim at wellinformed.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 09:26:13 PDT 2012

I've got an HSBC Merchant Account that accepts both Sterling and Dollars.
Settles them both to Sterling. Works fine with Spreedly and Realex.

We do see problems with US card holders payments declining due to the
merchant account being foreign and sometimes US customers are charged a
foreign transaction fee by their bank despite the transaction being dollar
denominated.