[LRUG] UK companies accepting dollar payments

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Wed Aug 22 00:14:08 PDT 2012

On 17 Aug 2012, at 20:01, Mooktakim Ahmed wrote:
> I would like to know how people have dealt with this issue:
> - are you taking payment in dollars?
> - or are you converting the amount to pound equivalent in last moment and taking that payment?

I use SaaSy to take card payments in USD from my US customers.  SaaSy pays out to me in GBP.

The commission is hefty (5.9% + $0.95/order, or 8.9%/order) but they act as both a payment processor and a merchant account, thus saving you quite a bit of hassle.  Getting set up took me next to no paperwork.

Yours,
Andy Stewart