[LRUG] [Jobs] Wanted: Chief Architect for food-tech startup

Santiago Tenorio santiago at epicurely.com
Thu Aug 23 05:18:44 PDT 2012

Hi all, we're looking for an experienced (full-stack) RoR developer to join our core team. I'm co-founder at Epicurely.com, a web app for organizing and discovering unique culinary experiences (dinner parties, cooking classes, supper clubs, etc) and empower the amateur cook. We've raised seed funding and were recently accepted into the London chapter of Wayra, the business accelerator backed by Telefonica / O2.

If you're passionate about food and technology and would like to learn more, please read below. Feel free to reach out to me directly as well.

Cheers,
Santiago

@sirteno
santiago at epicurely.com

Wanted: Chief Architect for Food-Tech Startup

- Summary -

We’re looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer and all-around hacker who’s passionate about #foodtech and wants to change the world of dining. This is a unique opportunity in a huge market. You’ll be part of the founding team building the next big thing in #foodtech and as such will be rewarded with a generous equity stake and a modest base salary.

- About the Company -

Currently headquartered in the Wayra Academy in London, Epicurely is a platform for organizing and discovering local culinary experiences. In a nutshell, "Come Dine With Me meets AirBnB". Our product enables anyone who loves to cook (amateurs, aspiring chefs, pro’s) to share their culinary creations with their friends, neighbors and the local community. The company recently won acceptance into Wayra, the business accelerator program from Telefonica / O2, and secured seed funding in the summer of 2012. The beta was recently launched and the response from users has been incredibly encouraging.

- About the Opportunity -

As the Chief Architect you will be assuming a lead developer role so you must:

• Be comfortable owning all aspects of development (Full Stack: front-end to back)
• Enjoy working with and leading agile teams
• Possess high integrity with a strong work ethic
• Good communication skills

Weapons of Choice:
▪ Ruby/Rails
▪ Javascript (JQuery) / CoffeeScript
▪ RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
▪ HTML(5)/CSS3
▪ GitHub
Bonus:
▪ RESTful API design
▪ Mobile (iOS, Android)
▪ NoSQL (MongoDB/Redis)
▪ Node.js

- To Apply -

Send us your CV, examples of relevant work, link to your GitHub account, together with a few words on the following:

- A project which you were involved in that you are proud of.
- Why are you interested in this opportunity and why would you be a good fit?
- What's some of your favorite food?
- Links to your Twitter/LinkedIn/HackerNews Account/personal websites/blogs, etc

Email us your application to:
jobs at epicurely.com

Thanks!

Santiago Tenorio