[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Developer, London

no.recruiters at aol.com no.recruiters at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 13:11:28 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the secretiveness, but we have been recently spammed by recruiters, so please bear with us. We are a small, London based consultancy, focused on versatile, high-profile projects for a handful of carefully selected, globally operating clients. We are looking for talented individuals to join our small but highly effective technology team on a full time basis.

We are offering priceless industry experience, which is going far beyond the usual consultancy project work. Not many others spend their days with distributed enterprise architectures, high-frequency/high-concurrency systems and develop new approaches to real-time data management - only to name a few. We always select the best tools for the job and while Ruby is often our "preferred weapon of choice", we are never afraid to look beyond the obvious and always encourage thinking outside of the box. All this is mixed with a in a very interesting, eclectic working environment (we are a start-up, eventually) and competitive packages – depending on qualification and experience.

Long story short, these are the required skills and abilities:

* Excellency in Ruby (on Rails) – we are looking for the very best!
* Experience with at least one "enterprise" language, e.g. C, C++, or Java
* Experience with at least one functional language, e.g. Erlang, Haskell, Scala or Clojure
* Great communication skills and fluent English – we work with global partners!
* Desire to acquire domain expert knowledge in a variety of industries
* Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical stories
* Excellent knowledge of agile development methodology, in particular SCRUM and BDD
* Good database and data management knowledge
* Knowledge of SaaS and common platforms (e.g. Heroku, AWS, etc.)
* Experience with BDD frameworks (e.g. RSpec)
* Experience with JS frameworks (e.g. JQuery)
* Experience with UI scripts (e.g. HAML, SASS, LESS)
* Good UX skills are highly desirable
* Ability to manage own work and meet deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* Strong desire to learn and drive the efficiency of the business
* Please note that (infrequent) long-distance travel may be required

If you are passionate about your work, feel confident about your skill-set and consider yourself part of the elite, please send us your CV with a short cover letter to no.recruiters at aol.com.

We are looking forward to it!