[LRUG] Zeus slides and follow up

Joel Chippindale joel.chippindale at econsultancy.com
Fri Dec 21 01:02:30 PST 2012

Here are the slides from my November talk about Zeus,
http://mocoso.github.com/my-tests-run-faster-than-yours
(source<https://github.com/mocoso/my-tests-run-faster-than-yours>
)

Thanks for all your questions on the night.

Murray pointed out yesterday that I had forgotten to mentioned one key
drawbacks of Zeus in the talk. Zeus relies on FSevents/inotify to track
changes to files no your disk. This means that it won't work in an
environment which doesn't support either of these, for example if you
develop using vagrant/virtualbox with your project mounted over NFS.

J.

P.s. if any of you started using Zeus as a result of my talk I'd love to
hear about it.