[LRUG] Is the February LRUG meeting really full? (coming over anyway ...)

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:52:26 PST 2012

Ah!

I found out about this yesterday evening and meant to post something about
it earlier, but life got in the way.  Anyway, here's what I know:

Yes, the meeting is full and anyone registering since yesterday evening is
going to be on a waiting list.  I've asked our hosts, Skills Matter, to
email everyone that is currently registered to let them know that a) they
are registered and b) that they can cancel if they're not coming.
 Hopefully this'll work out and some people will cancel to allow someone on
the waiting list will be "upgraded" to full registration and allowed in.

I don't know how SM are going to run things on the night as this is the
first time it's happened at their new office.  But, based on previous
experiences in their old office and other venues they've certainly turned
people away if they weren't registered and the meeting was full so I can't
guarantee that anyone on the waiting list will get in on the night.  I will
ask SM to do their best to accommodate everyone, but there are fire
regulations and such, so they may just say no.

It might be worth coming along anyway, but you may be left out in the cold.
 It's not all lost though, it just means you'll get an hour or so headstart
on us in the pub.  The meeting finishes up at 8pm ish and we head to a
local pub straight after.  The talks will all be recorded too, so you can
watch them later if you don't get in.

Cheers,

Murray