[LRUG] [JOBS] Freelance developer wanted for short (~4wk) prototyping project!

Tom Armitage tom at infovore.org
Tue Feb 14 08:25:25 PST 2012

Hello!

You might remember me from LRUG of yore; I've done a few talks and
been in the pub a great deal. Now it's my turn to send one of those
friendly emails about jobs. Because everybody likes work!

I'm working at Hide&Seek - http://hideandseek.net - where we invent
all manner of games for both clients and creative purposes. Sometimes,
those games exist in software. We've got a nice, tight brief from a
client to develop a web-based prototype to explore particular
interactions.

I'm looking for a developer to work with on this, for around a
four-week contract. This isn't entirely a manufacturing job: it's a
creative brief with space for ingenuity and invention. The goal is to
produce a working end-to-end prototype. It's going to involve some
typical-CRUD stuff, along with some more interesting code around
recommendation and visualisation. It should be fun.

Ideally, you'll have:
* up-to-date Rails skills
* a pragmatic approach to getting working code into the world
* solid front-end skills - both markup and Javascript
* an eye for tidy design and sensible interactions
* perhaps some experience of one or more of: SVG/realtime graphics;
machine learning/recommendation.

We use git for SCM and deploy onto Ubuntu. I don't really like Coffeescript.

The contract would be *on-site* in our Farringdon studio, for around
four weeks, and probably start in early or mid March.

If this sounds interesting, drop me a personal email at
tom at hideandseek.net , with your day-rate, any useful information about
yourself, and (preferably) with a link to your github account or other
public code samples.

And, it goes without saying, _please_, no recruiters. Thanks!

--
Tom Armitage
me: http://infovore.org