[LRUG] [JOBS] Freelance dev for 2-3 months

Felix Cohen felix at felixcohen.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 02:27:21 PST 2012

Hi all,

Yet another job posting, I'm afraid...we're looking for a contractor to come in and help us build the platform for the next version of The Amazings (http://www.theamazings.org). I've made a good start on getting us to something releasable in the next couple of weeks, but really keen to move faster and for that we need another developer. Job ad is below, but basically, we're looking for someone who's excited about working in a socially minded business, prepared to work full-time (or possibly  day weeks) for at least the next couple of months, and who has a bit of front end chops as well as sweet rails skills!

Ad >>>

The Amazings are looking for a well tested rails developer to join our small team and take our platform beyond ‘just’ selling tickets to our events and really help us showcase our amazing Amazings and support our customers, fans and staff. We want the Amazings platform to be really useful and usable for all of our users. We’re trying to make the world a bit more Amazing by helping people understand and share what they’re amazing at, and the web platform is at the heart of that…

We’re moving to a Rails 3.1 app shortly, and we’re looking for a enthusiastic dev with experience working on social applications, especially if you’ve used Activemerchant, CanCan and Devise. Experience building well tested apps using Cucumber/Capybara would be very useful. As we develop the Amazings platform we’ll want to integrate more social features using Facebook and Twitter (including user authentication with devise/omniauth), so experience with that would be a big advantage. You should also have experience working with some front end coding; we’re not looking for HTML5/CSS3 wizardninjas, but you should definitely know your <DL>s from your <UL>s and be comfortable with AJAX concepts.

We’re a small team with a great office, and we’re really keen to work with people who are passionately excited about what we are trying to do, show imagination and have a bit of flair; we want a developer who’s keen to be part of the team and wants to help us come up with the best platform possible for our Amazings and customers; we’ll welcome your ideas and criticisms!

Hopefully you can help us in the office table tennis tournaments too!

To apply, please contact felix at theamazings.org
----
Felix

http://felixcohen.co.uk