[LRUG] [JOB] Hubbub are hiring

Jon Wood jon at blankpad.net
Thu Feb 16 03:51:09 PST 2012

Hi folks - I've not seen any job ads for a few hours, so I thought I'd throw another one into the mix!

Hubbub (http://www.hubbub.co.uk/) are a company which is supporting local independent food shops by providing home delivery services, allowing customers to buy great food even if they’re not able to get to the shops during the day. Since starting their I’ve been having a fabulous time, they’ve got a great team, and I’ve learnt more about food in the last 6 months then I ever knew before starting!

We’re expanding now, and to do so we need another developer. If you want to work for a startup which is actually changing things that matter, instead of letting you share pictures of kittens in a slightly different way, we want to talk to you.

The full job description can be found on our website (http://www.hubbub.co.uk/pages/web-developer), but here’s the bullet points:

* Our platform is built with Rails, running on Linux servers.
* You’ll be working on the whole stack, from servers to CSS.
* We’re looking for a problem solver, not just a coder.
* Flexible working is an option. I work 4 days a week, 3 of which are from home.
* Perks include free lunch (check @HubbubTweets, where tweeting what we're having for lunch is actually interesting), and discounted food.

Salary is around £30k, depending on the person.

If that lot interests you, send an email to info at hubbub.co.uk with the subject line “Web Developer” letting us know why you want to work for us, and why we should want to work with you.

No recruiters please - if we want to work with one, we'll get in touch.

We look forward to hearing from you,
Jon