[LRUG] [JOBS] Start-up seeking technical leader

John M Forsyth johnmforsyth at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 02:20:19 PST 2012

Hi All,

We're a promising start-up looking for talented hackers to join our early-stage team and help do something that makes a difference.

I don't really imagine any start-up would describe itself as 'not promising'. So here's why I said that:

- the current founder team have all built/led/exited successful tech companies;
- we have novel technology in a high-value area, with several patent applications already filed;
- and although we're still early stage, we've already attracted some interest from very big fish.

What does our stuff actually do? It's a suite of technology that includes mobile, web and desktop applications that helps solve some big (and growing) problems around privacy and digital identity.

We'll explain much more in person. But to give you a general feel: if you care about these topics at all - say, for example, if it bothers you that the Government left your details on a CD on a commuter train, or that chip-and-pin is probably less secure than carrier pigeon, or if you followed the inspirational but tragic story of Digicash - then you'll probably find we're a group of likeminded people doing interesting stuff and we'll probably like you.

We chose Ruby because we wanted to enjoy our hacking. At this point, we have a working proof-of-concept and we're looking for people to help design and develop this further. Remuneration can be cash, equity, or some blend of the two: let's have a discussion.

If anything here sounds interesting, drop me a note and let's chat.

Thanks for your time,
John.