[LRUG] User activity tracking

Adam Carlile adam at benchmedia.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 06:14:27 PST 2012

Thanks Guys, that's a real help!

Cheers
Adam

Twitter @frozenproduce

From: Joe Corcoran <joe at tribesports.com<mailto:joe at tribesports.com>>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 05:04:42 -0800
To: London Ruby Users Group <chat at lists.lrug.org<mailto:chat at lists.lrug.org>>
Subject: Re: [LRUG] User activity tracking

If you want realtime insight into user behaviour, statsd[1] might work for you. It's what Etsy uses[2] to send tracking data to Graphite[3], a realtime graphing system.  Graphite is a bit ugly, so Paperless Post wrote a nice front end for it, named Graphiti[4].

I can't vouch for these tools personally – I'd be interested to know if anyone else on the LRUG list has experience of them.

1. https://github.com/etsy/statsd
2. http://codeascraft.etsy.com/2011/02/15/measure-anything-measure-everything/
3. http://graphite.wikidot.com/
4. http://dev.paperlesspost.com/blog/2011/12/16/introducing-graphiti-an-alternate-frontend-for-graphite/